After all the work last weekend, I didn’t get much done in the garden in the last couple of days. Hopefully I will only need to put in a normal amount of effort now to keep it under control.
Weeding: the garden where the fig tree used to be, and my salad greens bed. The main weed in the salad greens bed is chickweed, plus more miner’s lettuce than I can eat, so I was eating as I went.
Planting: a third (and last) pepino, this one “Ruby”. That’s filled up the bank in the frost free corner.
Breaking: the pear has now past budbreak. Also, I’ve shortened the strings tying the side branches to the wire every few days, and while the branches aren’t horizontal yet, they are close to it. I’m not sure what to do with the rest of it though. I need to remove some bits, but I don’t know enough about how they grow to know what I need to cut off.
Budding: there are two more buds on my Initial apple showing some signs of green. This is good news, as so far only one bud has done anything. Also, tulips in bud in the berry garden.
Setting: fruit are setting on my strawberries (at least on a couple of the Chandler). The first fruits have set on my gooseberry. But no sign from the broad beans.
Spotting: a bench that might do in the corner of the garden. It’s macrocarpa, with a nice curve on it.
I think that’s about it really. Oh, and I tidied my sunroom yesterday, not gardening, but I keep a lot of plants in there, so it is nearly gardening. Sort of.